Sunday, August 12, 2007

Daft Punk Changed My Life

That night in Brooklyn was surreal. Everything that was...no, is an inspiration for starting this blog and a catalyst for my love for all things "Indie" culminated in that night. I danced my ass off in a sea of anti-anti children, walked behind the DJ booth at Studio B to watch Kavinsky and Sebastian, enjoyed the breaking dusk on a Brooklyn rooftop with Chazology and made our way through the early morning showers to Alphabet City where Teenager and I made the final trip back to Powder Horn Terrace. Back at home (with my eyes finally shutting, but my ears still ringing) I poked my head briefly in the Teenagers room and asked "Was that even real?" He looked up, laughed to himself and simply replied, "Yes, now get some sleep." I've never had sugar plum ferries pillage my dreams before, but that morning back in New Jeru, Two French Robots serenaded a sonic dream scape and I couldn't have been happier. I want to say thank you to the Teenager and the Daft Punk Family for making Thursday one of the best nights I've ever had.
-Dexter

P.s. -The epitome of that night and what it meant can be found in a simple sign. When Kavinsky started to mix in D.A.N.C.E., I looked over towards Busy P. With his forearms he made the sign of a cross, I returned the favor and then looked out to the mass of dancing kids. Littered through out the crowd were a dozen crosses blaring into the Brooklyn night.

No comments: